Gang of Youths at Enmore Theatre in Sydney on August 22, 2022
- Fear And Trembling (Dave solo on acoustic guitar)
- Do Not Let Your Spirit Wane (Dave and Tom)
- Perpetuum Mobile (instrumental Penguin Cafe Orchestra cover)
- The Angel Of 8th Ave.
- Keep Me In The Open
- Brothers (Dave solo on piano)
- I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You (Dave solo / Colin Hay cover)
- The Deepest Sighs, The Frankest Shadows
- Magnolia (Dave solo on piano)
- Hand Of God (Dave solo on piano)
- Goal Of The Century
- In The Wake Of Your Leave
- Street Hassle-Kansas
Comments: Just two shows into their AU/NZ tour, the band announces this extra show — “an acoustic and intimate” gig at Sydney’s Enmore Theater.
Before “Keep Me In The Open,” Dave mentions that the band hasn’t done this song in a while. He warns that he might forget the lyrics…then promptly forgets the lyrics. The crowd starts singing for him, then tech wizard Stuart Dew walks on the stage holding up the lyrics on his phone for Dave to see.
Gretta Ray sings “Deepest Sighs” with Dave, as she’s done throughout the Australian tour.
“Kansas” begins with a snippet of Lou Reed’s “Street Hassle.”
Australia’s Prime Minister, Anthony Albanese, is at the show. He visits with the band backstage, then is seen enjoying a beer from the first row of the balcony.
Videos, Photos, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.