Gang of Youths’ Go Farther In Lightness was the best-selling vinyl record by an Australian artist in 2018, according to the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
To mark the launch of its new vinyl sales chart, the ARIA today revealed the best-selling vinyls of 2018, and GFIL came in at No. 6 overall — making it the top album by an Australian artist, and the only Aussie album to crack the top 10. Have a look:
- Queen – Greatest Hits
- Soundtrack – Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1
- Nirvana – Nevermind
- Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino
- Amy Winehouse – Back To Black
- Gang of Youths – Go Farther In Lightness
- Queen – Greatest Hits II
- The Beatles – Abbey Road
- The Beatles – The Beatles
- Original Soundtrack – Pulp Fiction
That’s not the only GOY album to make the list, either. The MTV Unplugged (Live In Melbourne) vinyl came in at No. 20 for the year.
The first weekly vinyl chart for 2019 will debut this Saturday in conjunction with the worldwide Record Store Day event.